Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 4 foot tank and have not got a filter yet,what would b the best size 1 to use as i dnt have any fish in my tank and the water is very merky!! and when i get my red bellys and put them in i dnt want them dying?? thank u robert :laugh:

·
Registered
11,318 Posts
Sounds like your tank is cycling? Did you just set it up? Do you have fish in it? What size tank? 55g? AC500 would work for that.

·
The ASSMAN
20,570 Posts
Im going to assume by 4' tank you are refering to a 55 gallon. I like canisters so I would get an eheim 2015 for biological and probably add a ac500 for a couple reasons. They are good at polishing the water because of the high turnover and also, should you need a hospital tank or want to set up a new tank you will have a cycled filter.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Id probably go with a couple of Emporer 400s or Penguin 330s, then take out the carbon and put some filter floss in there to get a little mechanical filtration

·
Registered
215 Posts
Phtstrat said:
Id probably go with a couple of Emporer 400s or Penguin 330s, then take out the carbon and put some filter floss in there to get a little mechanical filtration
[snapback]892332[/snapback]​
agreed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts