Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 155g bow front that I'm setting up b/4 i purchase a 10"+ blk Rhom.

I would just like to know which filter is recommended and considered best to go along with may Emperor 400 (Wet/Dry or Eheim Cansiter)???

I'm a newbie so this might sound stupid but I looked up some info on Wet/Dry filters and they seem like you need to be a scientist to figure out how to use the damn thing. I also heard u can have overflow and sump problems...(i barely know what these things mean!!!).

Eheim Canisters seem way easier for a newbie like me to begin with. I've heard they're a bytch to clean although they only need to be cleaned twice per year. Is it true that they have a low g/hr rate and should be used with an Emperor 400??? I've also heard big rhoms are messy so is this enough filtration for a 155g bow front.

Please help

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
If you just gonna house 1 P in your 155, I suggest using two AC 500. A canister would be good if you had more residence in that BowFront, a wet/dry would even be more siutable for less water change and better maintenance. But you only have 1 P in so much space.. I wouldnt think all that filteration would be needed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.