Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a school of 5 2" red bellies in a 75 gallon tank. Now I know when they get larger I will have to upgrade or sell a couple, but I only have a penguin 350 on it right now and want to add another filter. What kind do you think would be best. I want to put on a canister but didn't know what kind would be best for my p's. Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
I have a school of 5 2" red bellies in a 75 gallon tank. Now I know when they get larger I will have to upgrade or sell a couple, but I only have a penguin 350 on it right now and want to add another filter. What kind do you think would be best. I want to put on a canister but didn't know what kind would be best for my p's. Let me know what you think.
I would go for a fluval 405...

I have two fluval 304 on a 60 gal.....no HOB filter.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
5 big Reds as yours grow. Then you are going to need an efficient bio filtration. Otherwise you will be posting here about ammonium and nitrite issues...

You need two regular external canister filters or one big canister like Pro III or FX5. The big water circulation is only up to your preference, Pygo's do not need a strong water current.

Harry

·
ROCKINTIMBZ
6,551 Posts
I suggest an XP3 with that penguin 350 and it should be fine. I have an XP3 and Emp 400 on my 90 gallon with 4 reds and 1 caribe and its fine. Just fill up one whole tray(1 of the 3) with bio media and the other 2 with the sponges provided and youre good to go.

·
06 C6 LS2
7,996 Posts
my 75 has a magnum 350 and a fluval 404

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
id say a 404 or 403, or maybe a xp3
with still room to fo a little smaller... u def. do not need a fx5 or pro III. way to much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts