Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
420 gallon tank with 75 gallon wet/dry using a 100 RLT (2000 gal/hr) pump for recycle (overflow return); separate closed loop 250 series cannister w/40RLT (800 gal/hr) pump (bottom of tank return), 114W UV sterilizer. Where will I see problems? (except my wallet)

·
Registered
985 Posts
GOD BLESS Most people keep fish in a 75 and you're using it as your friggin filter! Thats crazy on a very large scale. I can't answer your question though. Lets see some pics of this outrageous setup.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Mr.P said:
GOD BLESS Most people keep fish in a 75 and you're using it as your friggin filter! Thats crazy on a very large scale. I can't answer your question though. Lets see some pics of this outrageous setup.
My thoughts exact!!!
Pls..

·
Registered
711 Posts
a lot of people prefer two smaller pumps over one gigantic one in situations like this. if one goes out or has any other problem, you wont be as fucked

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Coming down the stairs to the basement (remember, this thing weighs 1200 pounds empty, and 5000 pounds full)

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts

Freak'in nice!!! Cant wait to see what you got in store for that tank!!!

·
Registered
873 Posts
i bet those guys were pretty excited to see you snapping pics, instead of helping them move your tank

please, we gotta know whats going in that tank . . . the suspense is killing me
(please let it be a geryii shoal, please let it be a geryii shoal, please let it be a geryii shoal, )

nice stand btw

~Will.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Presently, the plan is to move a dozen RBP's that are now in a 75 down there. They are about 5 months old, and about 4-5" long. I want to grow them large (12"+) so i won't add too much more (atleast nothing that will live!)......

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
tecknik21 said:
Just curious, how much did you spend? You make me want to get one now!
It wasn't cheap. The tank goes for about $6200, but I talked them down a bit. With tax, delivery ($500), and dismantling of a previous tank (which I'll make into furniture), I think they are into me about $4980. I still have to pay for the filtration system that will be another $3400. So it will be about $8400, plus I still will need to get things like gravel, and build a lighting system, run a few 20-amp circuits, etc. Probably when all is said and done, it's $10K. Pricey, but it's top shelf....great glass (all polished edges, really sweet).

·
Registered
873 Posts
10g's for a tank that will house a dozen reds?? man, kinda seems a little wastefull IMO

no offense, its 10 times the tank I will ever own (mabye 5
), I just think there should be something spectactular in a tank like that (like some piraya or BIG caribas or a couple BIG ternz's)

what are the dims on it?

~Will.

·
Registered
873 Posts
you missed the point. i'll try to be a little more clear.

i was giving him props on such an awesome and expensive setup, but was wondering why the only planned inhabitants were to be a dozen RBP's.

~Will.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts