Piranhas Forum banner

filter for uk 50g

150 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Mellor44 
#1 ·
hi can anyone let me know what filter will be the best for a 50 gallon tank i dont want the cheapest one i want one that will do more than enough for my tank, looking for one that is quite and easy to manage preferably exteral. cheers for your help. let me know what you think if you think id be better off with a different type of filter let me know.

G
#2 ·
Hi there,

I am not being biased because I own a fair few tanks including another externally filtered (Fluval) but Eheims are the best. They are well designed and I have not had a single problem with mine, they are much easier to prime than others also. They are quiet as a mouse, most canisters are mind you. I would go Eheim if money isn't much of an issue.

I can't advise you on which model because you haven't stated what will be in the tank. A small shoal of Pygo's would requite more than a single Serra. I would guess reds because you are English and others are hard to find without organising a trip. For a shoal of Pygos I would reccomend a better filter than mine, even though my tank is a little bigger. The fish inside is only small and will not grow fast.

Hope this helps mate.

G
#6 ·
It would be a good idea to get one of the thermo range for a P tank. Smashing heaters is not something so rare.

The filter you describe is rated for a tank your size ish. It certainly won't be plenty/overly filtered but it will work just fine. It is probably what I would choose too. Just rememebr to clean up every scrap of food not touched and you are all good.

Good luck with the little guys!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.