Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know you'll all say with piranhas you can't overkill but most of you serious go WHACKY.



i mean 3 to 8 filters for a 55 gallon tank?

With me I am getting a 108 gallon tank and I'm looking at getting just a fluval 404 and a Aqua Clear 500

your probably all going to tell me to get 2 more Aqua clear 500's and an eheim or Ecco or something right?
:biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
450 Posts
I ran a two 404's on my 135 and it worked fine till I got more than 4 P's then the ammonia lvl started to go up so I added a wet/dry and now it fine

Will
 

·
Piranha Expert
Joined
·
4,309 Posts
you should always have more filteration then is recomended for the size tank. piranhas need that extra filteration.
 

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
Joined
·
18,487 Posts
I simply have an AC 802 and a Mag 350. Works good enuff for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
marco said:
you should always have more filteration then is recomended for the size tank. piranhas need that extra filteration.
oh i know they need extra but they dont necessary need overkill. fluval 404's are up to 100 gallons and ac500's are good for 100 if im right which is 200 so thats good enough for me

i meant to post this under that Filter set up Poll
oops
 

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
Joined
·
18,487 Posts
Piranha Lord said:
marco said:
you should always have more filteration then is recomended for the size tank. piranhas need that extra filteration.
oh i know they need extra but they dont necessary need overkill. fluval 404's are up to 100 gallons and ac500's are good for 100 if im right which is 200 so thats good enough for me

i meant to post this under that Filter set up Poll
oops
You shouldnt go along with what per gallon instructions say. Its a good advice to an extent. BUt you also have to calculate with the types of fish, how many, fish adaptability with certain flow of water.. ect.
 

·
Piranha Expert
Joined
·
4,309 Posts
Piranha Lord said:
marco said:
you should always have more filteration then is recomended for the size tank. piranhas need that extra filteration.
oh i know they need extra but they dont necessary need overkill. fluval 404's are up to 100 gallons and ac500's are good for 100 if im right which is 200 so thats good enough for me

i meant to post this under that Filter set up Poll
oops
you can never have to much filteration.
 

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
Joined
·
19,142 Posts
if you have the money and you want the best i reccomand you by a wet/dry system..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,159 Posts
thePACK said:
if you have the money and you want the best i reccomand you by a wet/dry system..
yeah if you can spare the dough no problem then go for it, but otherwise you dont have to go to the extreme as long as your maitenance is done and you keep at the tank and dont leave it in absence
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SnowCichlid said:
thePACK said:
if you have the money and you want the best i reccomand you by a wet/dry system..
yeah if you can spare the dough no problem then go for it, but otherwise you dont have to go to the extreme as long as your maitenance is done and you keep at the tank and dont leave it in absence
u guys all must have alot of money and alot live in houses. Its hard for me making 1100 canadian a month living in an apartment to have 8 filters, different ones with different media and gigantic tanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,412 Posts
I have a 135 with two ac500's and a fluval 404. It works great for me, yours should be fine as well. I plan on putting in the wet/dry as soon as I find my pump parts. Then I could use my 500's on something else.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top