Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My little cariba took a nice size chunk out of the thinnest part of bigger cariba right before the tail. I have them seperated for now until i get other fish in there (adding 2 terns tomorrow) to stop the fighting. Is there anything i should do to help aid him back to health. I already added a bunch of salt to the tank and some stress coat. Anything else i can do? Here is pics of the fish i am real worried about him:

Sorry about the pic quality the water is a little cloudy. I appreciate any help.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Ouch!! Thats some mean bite!!! Melfix will help with the healing. Good Luck..

And this shows a good example what can happen with only 2 Ps in a tank.. no matter the size difference

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's a nasty bite but the P should heal without any probs.. just for the mean while keep him away from the other and keep the water conditions good.. stress coat and salt will do the trick.

My red's have sustained some nasty bites a lot like that and have recovered fully so dont sweat it d00d it'll be all good soon again :smile:

Mo78

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Keep us posted in the condition of the P. Plus adding in your new editions WILL help ease down tensions. Godd Luck!!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Update:
The little cariba killed the bigger one while i was at work today. The big one must have had his tail close to the seperator and the little one owned him, and ate about 1/4 of him. I came home and he was almost dead. Sure enough a hour later he was gone. RIP Juggernaut. I am going today to pick up 2 terns, hopefully everyone will get along, the terns will be a bit bigger than the cariba.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.