Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
If you have small piranhas, I would feed smaller fish so they dont leave anything. The first feeders I gave were very small, I have heard too many stories about p's that dont eat the head and did not want to go fishing for heads. I dont know if this is the trick or not but I have never found any part of a feeder and I can give them a 5" feeder and they devour it all.

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
My natts still leave the heads of larger feeders (4"+), but smaller ones disappear without a trace.
When they were babies (about 2"), I fed them tetras: small enough to take care of, and if they managed to survive, they made pretty tank mates for a while...

·
Go Bucks!
3,164 Posts
Yea seems if the feeder is large they will leave the head. If the feeder is a regular size goldfish there will be nothing left with my reds.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
I have greedy RBs, so I have no worries. My Rhom usually kills the feeders or leaves them there to die a slow death. But an hr or 2 later, the whole thing is gone.

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Remember it is not recommended goldfish as a feeder, try plattys, guppys, mollies or any other!

·
18,487 Posts
RhomZilla said:
I have greedy RBs, so I have no worries. My Rhom usually kills the feeders or leaves them there to die a slow death. But an hr or 2 later, the whole thing is gone.
My Rhom does the same exact thing. Biting into feeders, leaving them alont to suffer a slow death. Next thing you know, an hr or two later.. they're gone.. no where to be found.

Now my RBs are huge and always require huge feeders also. They're greedy bastards and wont/cant afford to leave a half eatten feeder or else they'll luck out from the rest.

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
feed them small feeder.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
its not best to feed them goldfish

·
18,487 Posts
RhomZilla said:
RhomZilla said:
My Rhom does the same exact thing. Biting into feeders, leaving them alont to suffer a slow death. Next thing you know, an hr or two later.. they're gone.. no where to be found.
Whoops!!!
HAHAHA.. I quoted on my own post.

·
Registered
140 Posts
All you pirahna owners should seriously consider settin up a 10-20 gal with 2 guppies or something in it. They breed like bunny rabbits and usually have decent numbers of offspring. Only thing is you need plenty of hiding spots, as they eat their young if they can find them.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
baby_dragon said:
All you pirahna owners should seriously consider settin up a 10-20 gal with 2 guppies or something in it. They breed like bunny rabbits and usually have decent numbers of offspring. Only thing is you need plenty of hiding spots, as they eat their young if they can find them.
how you figure, I have been watching the guppies in my 55 for a month now and all the guppie babies they have live, and since my spilos don't eat them iI take some out every once in awhile and toss in my 240...

MAD

1 - 12 of 12 Posts