Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I typically feed my piranha in the morning before work, either frozen beefheart, brine shrip, or bloodworms, or a mixture. I typically burn through 2-3 on my 7 caribe (1") and 2-3 on my 55g. Then at night I will typically feed them all shrimp/worms/brine shrimp/krill/bloodworms until they are full. Typically my caribe can take 2 shrimp and my 55g 5 or 6.

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
I feed my natts once a day, usually between 9 and 10 pm, because that's the time they seem to expect food, and become more curious (following me around to see what I'm doing), active and agressive towards each other. I mostly feed them salad shrimp (max. size about three quarters of an inch, usually smaller), and they typically eat about 25-40 shrimps per session. When it's feeder time, I buy them 4-6 minnows (depending on the feeders size: on average they're 2-3"), which are gone within 15 minutes, and are complimented later with some extra shrimp.

Until now, I only fed my Manueli feeder fish, because he still refuses to eat prepared foods (haven't had the time to convert that picky little bitch yet), but I'm planning to put him on a similar feeding schedule as my natts. Last night he ate a 2,5" minnow, but before that, I only gave him small tetra's, of which he has eaten about 45 in just over one month.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I feed my cariba once a night, usually around 9pm. 5 days a week, they get 1 big shrimp cut up, and about 6 pieces of beefheart the size of a dime. on weekends, I will toss in a huge feeder or two (if I can find them), worms, and shrimp.

~Will.

·
Captain Britannia
4,817 Posts
i have now gone back to my old routine for feeding which is as much as they can eat in one sitting and make sure they all have somethin to eat.
i feed
whaitbait
prawns
steak (not often)
pellet (but as supplement with other feeds usually feeding this first)
feeders (only only around 10 every month)
i always feed around 10pm or 11pm depends what i'm doing at the time
gone back to every other day

i did try out a little experiment and even though i have gone back to my regular way of feeding they have still stayed as aggressive for food.
heres a link if you have not seen it

http://www.piranha-fury.com/forum/pfury/in...=ST&f=22&t=9729

dixon

·
Registered
644 Posts
I feed my 5" rbp once or twice a day, a small feeder or a shrimp. I don't want to feed too much because the tank isn't fully cycled due to emergency move of tank, he would have died in his other place if I didn't, and if I feed too much the ammonia could just up and kill him, I don't know though.

·
Registered
24 Posts
i've got 3 2" caribe in a 55g.
i feed them rosies, but i'm not sure it's a good idea-disease, etc.
what else can i feed for being that small?

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Zartan said:
i've got 3 2" caribe in a 55g.
i feed them rosies, but i'm not sure it's a good idea-disease, etc.
what else can i feed for being that small?
my small caribe devour frozen beefheart/bloodworm/brine shrimp squares, worms, shrimp, anything. Just try something else as the feeders are disease bombs.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Feding schedule for me is once before I go work in the moorning.. and once when I get home.

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
i feed my shoals.everyother day maybe even evry two days.beef steak and once in awhile some feeders

1 - 10 of 10 Posts