Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard that RBPs should not be fed every day. They should be fed every other day to make them aggressive
. They say it makes them agressive cause they will be hungry and want to feed when they get the chance. I also heard to get some bloody liver and take the blood from the liver and drop some drops into the tank to make them smell it also to tease them but not to feed them. I should tease them for 2 days so they will became mad
and feed them the 3rd day. I heard this makes RBPs more aggressive. Is this true or BS?

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
It's true. But your piranhas wont be very happy. You wouldnt ant to eat every two days. Look at your piranhas for their beauty instead of how mean they are. It's always nice to see your piranhas destroy something but if you are always expecting them to be mean you'll usually come out disappointed. I feed my piranhas three times every day. This make them nice and thick and they grow pretty fast.

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
It really depends on the size. I feed my pygos 6-9" every other day or so, sometimes every day, sometimes every 3 days. If you have smaller guys you should feed them daily. I think the liver blood thing is crap. Take care of your fish, they will be aggressive enough. These fish are not toys, they are living creatures.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
I never suggest starving your Ps, but reducing the feeding habits would not make them more aggressive, but more hungry seeming aggressive. I also disagree with the blood thingy. Past threads were mentioned about the topic

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.