Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have been fighting what I suspect is a bacteria bloom in my tank.
This is the link to the post:Link to post

I have also been looking for answers to why this is happening to my tank in other places on the web.
I have been told that tuna, salmon, and trout. Can cause poor water conditions.
I am not feeding any of the above feeders but I am feeding Alewives a frozen bait fish available locally.

So the questions are have any of you ever seen what tuna, salmon, and trout do to a tank.

Is it a bacterial bloom?

Has anyone else ever fed alewives to their P's before?

If so what was the out come?

If you can post a link that may help with any of the above questions please do!

Greg

·
Registered
523 Posts
I had that problem when I had one P. he would not eat all of the food I gave him quickly it would take him a bit of time. I think leaving the food for a few hours was my problem. i started feeding him less often and he ate the whole thing and the water was getting clear. the only think i can suggest is to either get more P so the fight for the food and all the food gets finished, remove all uneaten food ASAP, or to increase water changes and or better ur filter. Good luck !!!

·
Registered
775 Posts
decrease feeding some and try to stick to white-meat fish unlike tuna, salmon, etc. I dont know what alewives are like, but shrimp and tilapia, catfish are some good ones.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.