Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its ok to feed your Ps cooked prawns right?

i had a bag of frozen, cooked prawns in the freezer, and my P loves them. he likes it more than anything else ive fed him.

i just hope its ok for him. ive found it hard to find RAW shrimp or prawns. it seems everythings always cooked. the only raw i found was tiger prawns, and if i aint eatin them, my P aint eatin them...

so is feedin them a bit of cooked prawn ok? or is raw better?

also, Basa is a catfish right? its the only cheap white meat fish i could find and i got a pretty sweet chunk of the stuff for a buck or 2

·
"Pygocentrus cariba"
11,888 Posts
With almost anything raw food is always better, but yes, cooked prawns should be ok, although I'm not aware of what "prawn" are.
You compared them to shrimp so I'm guessing they are some sort of shrimp-like creature. Good luck! If you need any more answers e-mail me.
~Taylor~
[email protected]

·
Registered
8,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i just gotta find some damned raw shrimp or prawns.

what is a prawn? its like a shrimp...but bigger...a tiger prawn is a big ass species...ok, you know what most ppl call 'shrimp' rings? those bigger shrimp?? thats what i refer to as prawns.

i dunno if its a canadian thing, or an irish thing...

·
8,410 Posts
You should be able to find raw frozen shrimp at local grocery stores, if not try a fish market.

Shell on
it's good for color

·
Registered
8,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i found some.

medium zipperback shrimp. 2 packs of 40 odd shrimps for 10 bucks canadian. unfortunately none had full shell on. but theres at least the tiny bit on the tail:Dhaha.

i cant believe the Save-On-Foods didnt have any freakin raw shrimp, other than tiger prawns

·
8,410 Posts
Puff said:
i found some.

medium zipperback shrimp. 2 packs of 40 odd shrimps for 10 bucks canadian. unfortunately none had full shell on. but theres at least the tiny bit on the tail:Dhaha.

i cant believe the Save-On-Foods didnt have any freakin raw shrimp, other than tiger prawns
[snapback]931920[/snapback]​
That will definitely do the trick!!

By me they have both with and without shell, but not always. Check from time to time, or hit up other store, and you should eventually fine it. I went to a LOT of dirfferent places looking for foods when I first got into piranhas. Now I have certain stores I go to for certain things, and I keep several pounds of various foods in the freezer at all times.

My fish eat WAY better than I do, as is the case other members as well

1 - 9 of 9 Posts