Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read on here somewhere that the algae wafers you feed your plecos,piranhas also like them as well.I was just wondering if anyone has tried this and if they are healthy food for p's?

·
Go Bucks!
3,164 Posts
I feed my Pleco the wafers but I have never seen any of my Ps eat them. They don't even go and check them out when I put them in.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
In the wild, Ps usually feed off anything in their habitat including waste and algea. My Ps also eat waffles here and there. They dont usually bite into it like regular food, but play with it and flip it around until it gets soft enough to bite into.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies...I think I'll toss a couple in and see what happens.If nothing else,my pleco will be pleased.

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
luva40 said:
I love hearing the big crunch when they crack down on them.
I love that same sound when my reds bite down on feeders

My reds refuse to swallow the algae wafers I toss in for my pleco's: they 'sniff' at it, and go back to their usual business...

·
Registered
6 Posts
ya i havent had my p's long ( little over a year) but ive noticed that when i toss in some alge waffers to my pleco both of my rbp's go and eat them so i have to put in some more. i was kinda wondering also if it was good for them and im glad someone els already asked, thnx :biggrin:

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
acidsurvivor said:
It doesn't hurt. When I feed my huge pleco algae wafers, sometimes my piranhas take one from him and eats them for themselves.
I thought algae wafers are what you are suppose to feed to plecos atleast once a week? Just a thought.

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
i say do it if they eat it ..good nutrients(sp?) and good to change up there diet..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts