Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fed my Pixie Frog (aka African Bullfrog) a mouse for the first time the other day. I killed the mouse first because I didn't want the mouse to injure my frog.

Here's the pics:

· Breaki'n all day...
4,256 Posts
thats friggin amazing!

· Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Took him roughly 10 min to get to the point where there was only a tail sticking out of his mouth.

As far as how I prekilled, it's not for the faint of heart but it works like a charm. An old friend showed me this back in the days when I was big into reptiles...
To put it simple: Break the mouse's neck.
To put it explicitly: Place a pencil/screwdriver/stick between the mouses head and body(on it's neck, I guess). Pin it down on a flat surface and yank it's tail. Dead mouse.

· Registered
2,429 Posts
Gumby said:
Took him roughly 10 min to get to the point where there was only a tail sticking out of his mouth.

As far as how I prekilled, it's not for the faint of heart but it works like a charm. An old friend showed me this back in the days when I was big into reptiles...
To put it simple: Break the mouse's neck.
To put it explicitly: Place a pencil/screwdriver/stick between the mouses head and body(on it's neck, I guess). Pin it down on a flat surface and yank it's tail. Dead mouse.
[snapback]831759[/snapback]​
nice

· WWTCD?
8,963 Posts
Or you could do the same with a f/t mouse. Which might even be cheaper in terms of cost of the mouse... Around where I live, anyway.

Nevertheless, awesome pics. Love the clarity in them. Must have a good cam!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.