Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My pygos go at it so hard when I feed them. It is that constant battle for one hunk of meat when another is right in front of them. This is a pic of a smaller cariba that got a nice little chunk taken out of his chin.

I have started feeding daily to reduce the action but that is not working, they just seem to eat more. On a positive note there is not much aggression in my tank other than feeding and then it is a free for all.
Sorry for the crapy pics, it took me forever to get one.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I notice with mine too there seems to be that instinct to chase one fish which has food in its mouth no matter how much other food is right in front of them. BTW, where did you get your piraya?

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bola said:
I notice with mine too there seems to be that instinct to chase one fish which has food in its mouth no matter how much other food is right in front of them. BTW, where did you get your piraya?
I am not sure why they do it, just that all my pygos, no matter what species, have done this. I got the piraya from a private seller.

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Looks similar to a bitewound one of my reds got during a feeding frenzy:

The stupid fish seemed to be really proud of his war wound: he paraded through the tank like he was a supermodel, lol

It healed within two weeks, though!

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yep, pretty much the same. I had a hell of a time getting a picture though, he would not smile like your little dude did.

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Maybe the temp is too high, still nothing to worry about and something to celebrate!

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I may have spoke too soon, got home lastnight and a different cariba had his face bitten and his could not have been from feeding.

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
You need low temp!

·
Captain Britannia
4,817 Posts
all the reds i have owned have done this never content to get their own food just steal it from one of the others.
i would lower the temp to @ 78 and see what happens with the aggression but the feeding will remain the same
dixon

1 - 11 of 11 Posts