Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 7 baby rbp in a 10 gallon tank. I am setting up a larger 33 gallon tank for them to live for a few months and then they will get a huge tank when I move.

Anyways, I decided to put feeder fish in the 33 gal while cycling it, only to late to notice two have ick. So I got some medication called nox-ick (i think). I treated both tanks following the instructions. things seem to be okay.

I feed the rbp a few feeder fish before i spotted the ones with ick.

I know piranhas are natures way of taking care of the sick, slow, and elder, so I think the rbp should be okay.

Anyone have any advice.

Thanks for your time.

· Registered
126 Posts
your babies will be fine in a 33 assuming that they're around an inch they won't need the 20 gal per fish rule until they're sub- adult . If your fish aren't showing ich then don't worry. Ich is at some level in all tank usaully dormant until the fish get stressed and then seceptible to disease. feed your fish food with vitamins, raise temp and add a little salt you should be fine but keep an eye on the babies for signs of ich. If it shows then medicate and follow directions to the t. gl

· Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice.

The ich has cleared up and i am going to move my rbp in the next couple of days.

I used nox-ich. it cost me 3 dollars and is good to treat at lest 200 gal of water.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.