Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone feed their piranhas bread? i know catfish love it just wondering if it was ok for them not sure if they will even eat it just wonderin =)

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
accr Posted on Jul 27 2003, 09:09 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I read somewhere saying that bread contain saturated fat....which is a big for Ps
I've got a loaf of white bread and a loaf of wheat bread. They both say 0g sat. fat. But the white says 1% of daily value for sat. fat. There may be some small nearly insignifigant amount in bread, but I don't think that would be the problem with feeding bread. There is probably less fat in a slice of bread than there is in a goldfish.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
i wouldnt advise it. Ps might eat and bit into bread as soon as it hits water... and as much as we know are, they will eat more than they can chew. Ps that stuff themselves with bred will over inflate (considering bread expands when soaked in water) which might make them feel bloated and even die from it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
i really wouldnt feed my fish bread. one time my mom tried to feed my p a tortilla ( without asking) and it dissolved and gave my tankwater a disgusting slimy texture and a nasty case of algae.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
i fed my P's bread, i took pieces out and rolled them up, tossed them in, and do they ever sink fast.
my P's ate a whole slice of bread in a day. theres no reason not to

·
im offended and this is tastless,take it down &#33
4,277 Posts
EMJAY said:
i fed my P's bread, i took pieces out and rolled them up, tossed them in, and do they ever sink fast.
my P's ate a whole slice of bread in a day. theres no reason not to
I WOULDNT DO THAT

·
Registered
302 Posts
When i go fishing i somtimes use bread or float a crust and carp and other fish love it so why not p's, They are fish just like carp.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Uhhh. Guys, Piranha's are PREDATORS not friggin Clay Henry. They eat MEAT, not bread. Of course when you go fishing you use bread, YOU NOT FISHING FOR PIRAHNA'S!

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
come on you cheap asses :rasp: you have to feed your p's bread b/c you cant afford feeders or other meat
j/k try it out and tell us what happens

·
Registered
656 Posts
I tried bread once. I rolled it up into little balls and popped them into the tank...They swam over to check it out, then just drifted away. So it didn't work for me...I'm thinking after reading some of these posts that it was a good thing they didn't eat it..
Worth a try I suppose

·
Truffle shuffle!!!!!!!
18,670 Posts
bread has 2 slices 140 calories 25 from fat
the bad stuff in it is salt \sugar\ oil\ folic acid\corn syrup\yeast
common people read the label

1 - 20 of 21 Posts