Peace....Through Superior Firepower
13,643 Posts
I wouldnt Wood .....Get a fresh one

~Edit~
And I looked in your gallery and only saw a pic of your banner

·
Danse Macabre!
10,561 Posts
If it's a clean dead rat, like one you got from a pet store and you don't mind cleaning up the horrible disgusting mess you'll result with, I wouldn't think it's a big deal to do one time. Doing regularly you know better than I do isn't a healthy diet, but one time aside from being disgusting (but that's personal preference and it is your fish not mine we're talking about) shouldn't be an issue.

·
~ATLANTA BRAVES~
18,086 Posts
MR HARLEY said:
I wouldnt Wood .....Get a fresh one

~Edit~
And I looked in your gallery and only saw a pic of your banner

[snapback]840947[/snapback]​
Just cuz its frozen doesnt mean its still not fresh. Sure they blood isnt pumping threw its vains, but it is still a health animal.

·
These colours don't run !
4,944 Posts
when you say dead..do you mean from a shop?.if not what did it die of?

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So heres the deal. A few field mice (probably several by now) have made a home in the basement of my house and I have been steadily setting traps. I would get one or two every month or so. Just wondered if it would be ok and if others have done the same. Only problem (which could be fatal for the P's ) is if the mice ate any poison prior to being trapped. Guess I answered my own question. BAD IDEA.

·
DOC#003162
15,011 Posts
Judazzz said:
Shave it first

Not my cup of tea btw, but to each his own

*Moved to Feeding and Nutrition*
[snapback]840965[/snapback]​
thats what i would think, the hair would be a pain in the rear,

and if there just mice your catchin in the basement i wouldnt give em to your fish at all,

cause who knows what they are carrying

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have fed dead rats and mice that I've caught in the barn in a trap. No poisons, no worry. You'll want to shave or skin them first. Since its winter here and they are frozen when I find them in the trap they skin real easy like peeling an orange, lol.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts