Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Skankzilla
18,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just a question. would a male beta have an toxins or poisons that could hurt a red belly if they fell into the tank and then got eaten by the red bellys?

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,146 Posts
nope
so did he fall in or did you push him? ?

·
Skankzilla
18,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
umm it hasnt happened yet. i just saw at the lfs that beta were on sale for $2 instead of $3 and i was like "well beta's think they're all badass, i just wonder what would happen to one of them in my piranha tank". i mean, i wondered what would happen if they decided to jump out of their bowl into the tank which just happens to be filled with piranha in there.
thatz what i mean. i would never feed my fish another fish, that would just be so mean.... i was thinkin of gettin 2 betas and letting them attack each other while the piranhas just wait & watch, and then eat them both. that would be amuzing..

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I threw a betta in my p tank before. It was funny to watch cause it was almost like it pissed my 4 reds off, I've never seen them go after something like they did that betta:p

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
bettas are the easiest target for predators. They are slow and have huge fins... i have had bandit loaches tear them apart before...
... but on the negative aspect they are rather expensive for feeders, but would do ok as a treat if you would like :
:

·
Skankzilla
18,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i got a digital camcorder. problem is my p's arent too big yet.. maybe 2.5 inches at most. they're babies, but still can rip fish apart. i will definately make a video though sometime.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
a friend and I bought 2 male betas once and tried to fight them, it didnt work at all, they didnt even try to fight, so I threw one in my convict tank and the other in with my Medinai, my convicts killed it and were eatting it almost instantly, keep in mind there were 7 1" convicts, the Medinai acted almost scared of it and didnt kill it until the next day

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
yep cons will eat most anything if hungry enough, and they are always hungry. They can become pretty savage guys too if you get them stirred up

·
Skankzilla
18,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
just 2 let everyone know the beta *accidently* fell in the tank with 3 p's. one looked at him and decided to take a little nip of the fin. never saw that beta move so fast. then they just watched him for awhile and then after a few minutes, they pulled him under and ripped him apart. the video i have is being edited due to violent content. trying to make it a disney video. jk. hopefully i'll have the video ready by next week. and also, next week i'm gonna get them another beta, they just loved it... never saw my p's rip apart a fish like that before. definately worth trying.

·
Registered
564 Posts
That's awesome. I can't wait to see the video. I've got a 4 inch rhom. I just let him know the dinner special for this evening..........raw beta.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,504 Posts
b_ack51 said:
the video i have is being edited due to violent content. trying to make it a disney video.
A censored Piranha video?!?!? From what I remembered, "I AGREEDED" on the disclosure on seeing violence when I first signed up for this forum.
Dont hold back.. lets see the video!!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts