Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am feeding these guys 2 blood worm cubes in the morning between 8-9. They eat all of it. My question is, should I feed them again later? I start work at 2:00pm so I would not be able to feed them until about 11:00pm. Unless my wife feed them at like 6:00pm. Let me know.thanks

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya I will start feeding them whole foods in about 2 weeks. I have feed them goldies once they ate em up. So I think I will feed them another cube at 6:00pm. Then I will start the fillet and beef heart. I n about 2 weeks.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Stop with the goldfish as feeders they could stunt the growth of Piranhas and have no vitamin its like us eating a Ricecake.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
I have seven of them and i feed them earthworms, chopped tilapia, smelt (no head), shrimp (whole, without shell/tail), and krill. They seem to go crazy for krill lately. Twice a day or sometime 3 times a day. Take out any left overs after 30 mins. I think i feed mine too much, but what can i say, i love my boys......

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
where do u get smelt (no heads), krill, and white fish?
I got a bag of smelt @ a local asian supermarket (cut the head off by myself). Frozen krill @ my lfs. White meat fish= talapia, catfish, any fish that has white meat @ the your local grocery store....I try to feed them more white meat fish because its mainly 90% of there diet in the wild (i guess). Big meal @ night and varieties (little meals so they wont be as aggressive towards each other) through out the day.

·
my sister is #1 best prostitute
10,514 Posts
its kind of ahrd to say you should feed tehm a certain number of times definately, just try it if they eat tehy eat if they ignore it then they might not need a second feeding..

or feed on cube in teh AM instead of two and feed another before work..

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
its kind of ahrd to say you should feed tehm a certain number of times definately, just try it if they eat tehy eat if they ignore it then they might not need a second feeding..

or feed on cube in teh AM instead of two and feed another before work..
Very true...I feed mine until they dont want to eat anymore..And if they dont want it the next meal, i dont feed them until the next day. But i leave some live ghost shrimp and guppies just in case they want a snack.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts