Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which fish make the best feeders?I have used guppies,but I'm looking for something a little bigger for my p's.I have read on this forum that goldfish aren't very good for your p's.Thanks.

·
Go Bucks!
3,164 Posts
I have used goldfish and I am trying to move away from them based on diseases they carry. I have a LFS that has weekly sales on other fish and I have been buying them. I usually only feed my Ps live food once a week.

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
I use Plattys, Mollys, Guppys, Swordtails and Gost Shrimp!

I never use Goldfish!

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
Depending on how much you want to spend, you can feed them barb once in awhile.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
yeah comets or goldfish are usually wahts cheapest in terms of live feeders, so if any i would stick with them unless money is no concern

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
thats a cool signiture snow

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the input...now it's time to go buy them a treat...I only give them feeders about once a week.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I fed my P a barb once. I think it was a tiger barb? It had a big black eye spot on it's tail. I bought it just to see how long it would last. I put it in with about 8 other rosie reds. And it was the last one to die. About 4 days I think it lasted. The reds maybe 12 hours. I usually only use rosies when I give it feeder fish. Sometimes I'll throw in something that looks fast.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
hehe I treated my p's about a week ago with about a 7-9" KOI. Just as a treat, my guys rarely get live feeders though

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Its true, feeding feeders everyday isnt really healthy for your Ps. Theres no other kind of aquatic animal that I would spend money on (besides ghost shrimp and goldfish) to feed my P. Then again, Im also thinking about feeding them Kois!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.