Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having problems with my feeder quaritine. When I bring the feeders home from the pet store they appear fine. Within a few days they show signs of either fin rott or fungal growth. Usually starts from the back fin and works its way up from the body of the fish till they die. I usually quarintine them for 2 weeks.

It is a 10 gallon tank with a power filter (no biowheel), undergravel filter and heat around 75 degrees.

I understand aquarium salt is good to add, how much should I add to the feeder tank (10gallon) and to the piranha tank (20gallon)?

I am currently feeding them rosey reds, with there back fins removed for optimum catching.

I am fairly new in the fish keeping hobby, but have read alot, just looking for some input from others on the problem.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Honestly, your doing more to quarentine feeders ffor what their worth. Personally, I used feeders here and there just to give them daily excercise and to keep the fury within. Other than that, other food varieties like beefheart, prawn, shrimp, krill, smelt would be more healthier for your Ps.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
upt1me said:
I understand aquarium salt is good to add, how much should I add to the feeder tank (10gallon) and to the piranha tank (20gallon)?
it's supposed to be very good for the fish for various reasons, the kind I use is 1 rounded tablespoon for every 5 gallons.

the best advice was Death in #s to find another lfs to get your feeders from though

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.