Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's your favorite war movie?

Shaving Ryan's Privates
Black Hawk Down
Platoon
Full Metal Jacket
Hamburger Hill
Others?
I've never seen "Jarhead", how was that one? Private Ryan and Black Hawk Down are my personal favs.
Heartbreak Ridge was pretty good. Platoon is still great in spite of Charlie Sheen's flashdance hair style.
Any others?

·
Allergic to stupid sh*t!!!
4,364 Posts
full metal jacket all the way.

Jarhead was good.

All of the above are great movies.....but if I were going to sit and watch one right now, I would pick full metal jacket

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Jarhead is fictional to a point because I have relatives that were there and saw the movie and it wasnt like it was, Now my grandpa was in WW2 and Saw saving private ryan and Thought it was the most real movie, My vote

Saving Private ryan

·
Registered
8,930 Posts
Glory was a decent Civil War movie. i didnt mind that one, but not my favourite. i love WW2 movies, followed by the more modern ones.

Behind Enemy Lines is ok as well

does Team America count as a war movie?

·
WWTCD?
9,785 Posts

Shaving Ryan's Privates
Black Hawk Down
Platoon
Full Metal Jacket
Hamburger Hill
Others?
I've never seen "Jarhead", how was that one? Private Ryan and Black Hawk Down are my personal favs.
Heartbreak Ridge was pretty good. Platoon is still great in spite of Charlie Sheen's flashdance hair style.
Any others?
Was that intentional? Or a hidden joke?

·
These colours don't run !
4,895 Posts

Shaving Ryan's Privates
Black Hawk Down
Platoon
Full Metal Jacket
Hamburger Hill
Others?
Any others?

The Great Escape (does that count?)

·
Bean Power!
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Operation Petticoat(1959) Cary Grant, Tony Curtis
Father Goose(1964) Cary Grant, Leslie Caron

·
ROCKINTIMBZ
6,551 Posts
Apocalypse Now, Platoon, Jarhead, Saving Private Ryan, The Longest Day, Patton, Full Metal Jacket, Braveheart, The Patriot, Glory, A Bridge Too Far, Black Hawk Down, Tears of the Sun

1 - 20 of 30 Posts