Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im setting up a 39 and a 25 tommarow. I have the substrate (ecocomplete,some fine black gravel,and some flourite) @ a depth of 3-3.5" and am planning on around 3-4 wpg (in know par is far more relavant but i dont have a par meter or conversion chart for PC's). With that said.......
What plants would YOU go with or have gone with in a similar setup? Im looking for someting of on the moderate-easy care level. Looking for general opinions on foreground and background plants on a dark substrate with an undecided back ground. I'm picking em up tomarrow @ work along with some supplements....thats another post....

Nick

·
I HAVE THE SOUVLAKI POWER!!!!!
3,689 Posts
For background i choose Valisnerias and with 3-4wpg for foregroung i choose glossostigma elatinoeides for sure.....

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good stuff.....Im going shopping for the fauna and light tommarow. Hope to see some malevolence swimming around in my tank within a week. I see if we have some of those, i like the Val. and the gloss. looks awesome from what my google returned with.

·
Danse Macabre!
10,561 Posts
I like hygrophila for tall plants (by far my favorite plant) but I wouldn't get those at 3-4 wpg without CO2 because you will see a spike in ph (had it happen to me actually, and hence why I started CO2) as the plants turn HCO3- to OH- in the absence of CO2 under bright light. I hear alot of stem plants are this way, I don't know but I do know hygros are.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts