Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is everyones favorite fish that can be considered non-aggresive, or that would be well suited in a community tank?

Let me go first then. There is an assortment of peaceful cichlids that I like as well. The Keyhole cichlid is rather nice and the festive looks nice as well. Other fish besides peacefull cichlids would include different tera species and as well many bottome dwellers like cories and also the DOJO.

I have more but thats enough listed for one day :smile:

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
too hard a question, but generally whatever fish are in my tank are my faves untill I buy a new one.

But Neons, Bettas, Salvivis, and Eels are always winners for me.

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
I really like all those fancy-ass pleco's, like mango's, royals, queen arabesque's, clown pleco's and all those others. They look breath-taking, and are not agressive, but unfortunately it would cost me an arm and a leg to get a couple of them.
Besides that, I got a weak spot for cories (that's why I got so many in my piranha tank
): they're such hard-working, adorable little buggers, you just gotta love them

·
Registered
458 Posts
Pleco's , gold nugget being one of my favotites, Scats and Puffers (Semi-aggressive), Altough I can't seem to keep the Scats alive. I also enjoy cichlids but most are kind of aggressive, like Green Terrors and Red Devils.

-Kevin-

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
stingrays,killifishes,but my favorite is synodontis angelicus

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
depends on waht rays you are talking about... the ever so popular Ocellate river ray gets up to 1' and they are not considered to be aggresive but capable of causing a potentialy fatal wound if they need too. So I just woulnt consider them a comunity fish ... but they are awesome though

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
I have to go with discus, angel fish, neons and sharks (bala, redtail, rainbow.. ect).

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
speaking of rays there are types of electric ray as well, now those are cool. There are rays with stinging spines that can cause some serious damage too. Can you imagine being mistaken for food by the Manta Ray. It is a devilray that gets about 30' wide

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
SnowCichlid said:
speaking of rays there are types of electric ray as well, now those are cool. There are rays with stinging spines that can cause some serious damage too. Can you imagine being mistaken for food by the Manta Ray. It is a devilray that gets about 30' wide
those things are awesome looking.saw them on one of those water specials on animal planet.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Definately rays and discus. Although I can't help but always keep my tanks constantly stocked with pirahna's.
When i eventually move I will have both a all ray and an all discus tank.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
My wifes fat golfball goldfish, we call him hoover.
I also liked the cichlids I used to have but dont know what there called they were very rare, will try to contact my cousin and ask him, he used to breed them.
MAD

1 - 20 of 36 Posts