Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

i just adopted an abused rb, and cannot add it to my tank until it is near equal in size as my others.
i need to find like a growth hormone, or super food to really give him a jump-start.

ive been feeding it some krill, beefheart, and just a couple of feeders, and it seems to be more active, but just too small to shoal.

· I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
14,634 Posts
Whats the size difference between the Ps in your tank and the rescued one? Honestly if the size difference are somewhere between 2-3"s, then its a possibility that they all can adpat to each other.

· Registered
1,190 Posts
congrats on the rescued p , im sure you will cherish it as the previous owner didnt know wot he was doing , just make sure the water is pristine and u feed it well , i know from experience on a rescue i did.
as been asked before we need the size of it and the others mate ,good luck any way , i have added 3 inch rbp in with 6 inch and had no problem but each fish is diffrent ....good luck

· Registered
940 Posts
i also saved a rbp from a LFS if u can belive it anad he was 2 in and i put him with 2 4+ inchers and had no probs
just make sure to completely rearange your decor so as not to cause territorial disputes and u should be ok
but keep in mind nothing is guaranteed so as long as he is within 2-3 inches of the others u should be ok
good luck and always glad to hear someone is saving a fish from a abusive keeper
later

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.