Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14,961 Posts
Interesting thing about this Neo is, Geraldo is a very dangerous (and stupid man). I recall his broadcast from Afganistan and climbing over live munitions as if they would not harm him. Then in Iraq not suiting up and quipping about the soldiers getting into chem suits while he (superman) stood there being bemused.

This is the type of individual that is dangerous not only to others but himself. I'm happy he is out of there.

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Geraldo and the military have coem to some sort of agreement and he has been allowed to stay.

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah I am mistaken:

Quote from CNN:

Fox News Channel executives and the Pentagon reached a deal Monday in which correspondent Geraldo Rivera, who raised the military's ire when he reported operational details, will leave Iraq voluntarily rather than be expelled, Pentagon officials told CNN.

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
the war has become like a footbal game on fox..every hour they have a news breaks and a news anchor talking about it and showing maps of were are troops are located and weres the next possible attack.

·
Registered
321 Posts
The last place Geraldo belongs is Iraq. That is unless he is going to interview Sadam and ask him about how he molested his sons when they were little.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I bet that on more than one occasion they were tempted to use him as target practice. They shouldn't have let him off so easy, what a moran.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Xenon said:
Geraldo and the military have coem to some sort of agreement and he has been allowed to stay.
Probably as our military's human shield!!
:biggrin:

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I hate the fact that there are reporters following our troops. It's just another person you have to watch. Our military is trained to work as a team and strive for the same goal, what the hell is a camera man and reporter gonna do? Not a damn thing but cover up like a little bitch and cry!
Not only is it a bigger target for the bad guys, but it takes up a sh*t load of room that could have been used for ammunition and supplies. I know that our troops get re-supplied, but no one can give an exact date and time of the re-supply. Remember, our troops aint drinking water out of a faucet, they take bottled water with them. But now they have to make room for the camera and sattelites and all these damn reporters. I HATE THE IDEA1

·
.pocketful of sunshine.
16,831 Posts
I hate the idea that we report where we are when were there, because then they know where to attack us. Its a stupid tactic. We dont need to know where are troops are at every living hour of the day. My friends brother just called her the other day from Iraq [hes a marine] and he told her how the reporters get in their way and they cant do their job to the fullest of their ability because of them. Instead of most of them fighting they have to worry about the safety of the [email protected]$$ reporters. I say get the reporters out of there and let our men and women do what they gotta do without a damn camera filming their every damn move.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
It has it's pros and cons. The pros being it's a huge PR boost demonstrating the effectiveness of the armed forces, the increadible obstacles they have to overcome (mainly dealing with civilians and such things), giving people another reference point for what's going on in a microscopic environment.

The cons being it's more people they have to worry about who don't know the first thing about being a soldier, potential PR blunders, idiots like Rivera and that Arnett fool (who wasn't imbedded, but he's still a jerk).

But overall I think the pros outweigh the cons, certainly the brass seems to be pleased with it. The important thing we have to remember is that any reports from the field have to be taken A) with a grain of salt and B) as only a localized situation. There was a report of a soldier or two down to one MRE per day, that immediately started rumors that the entire force was out of supplies and that the supply lines were not working. How one can apply one soldier's situation to tens of thousands of troops is beyond me, but that kind of thinking seems to be curbing itself.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I like the fact they have everyone thinking that this sh*t is live, but it isn't they have too wait 24 hours before airing any video or military points. So when they say there in the city, they were really there yesterday. Just more BS for the censored media...

MAD

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Not true. There are several live reports, usually during news shows like NBC Nightly News etc. If they're censored so much how did Rivera give away their position? They are monitored but not exactly censored.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.