Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to buy an external filter for my 60gal tank but unsure which model to get?

What models do u all own?

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I have 2 eheim canisters on my big tank and an ac300 on my 29 gallon...either of these brands imo is the way to go...

Look at the Eheim ecco canisters, they are suitable for your size tank I think....or a 2213 or 2215....

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Looks like your in the UK, you might want to try www.bigalsonline.com Its a great site with some cheap prices. Not sure if they ship over the pond. Although i don't see a problem if you pay the price.

·
Serras n Snakes
3,571 Posts
sharpteeth said:
I need to buy an external filter for my 60gal tank but unsure which model to get?

What models do u all own?
[snapback]945612[/snapback]​
If you are looking for reliable, quiet and efficient filtration ... chose Eheim. I have been using Eheim cannister filters for quite a while now and I highly recommend them , they are a bit pricey but well worth the "extra" few dollars. For your 60gal tank I would look at the Eheim 2215 or 2217 (check out www.Eheim.com). I run (3) 2217's and (2) 2213's plus some Aquaclear filters.

·
These colours don't run !
4,944 Posts
try aquacadabra in dartford.they are well cheap.they dont have a website but the have an advert in practical fishkeeping magazine

·
Registered
487 Posts
I have 2 AC300 and 1 AC500 on my 55 and wouldn't have it any other way, AC are the best that I have found, use them on all of my tanks.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
either a canister filter like ehiem (i have a rena filstar xp3 and like it also) Personally i like emperor hang on filters.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
JD_MAN said:
I have 2 AC300 and 1 AC500 on my 55 and wouldn't have it any other way, AC are the best that I have found, use them on all of my tanks.
[snapback]945983[/snapback]​
Isn't that a little too much filtration on that 55 gallon? Just curious.

·
Registered
487 Posts
cooldudectd said:
JD_MAN said:
[snapback]945983[/snapback]​
Isn't that a little too much filtration on that 55 gallon? Just curious.
[snapback]946743[/snapback]​
I don't think you can have too much filtration, I don't have them turned up all the way to try and keep the currents down. It is in a tank that has tanganyikan cichlids and they don't like too much current.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts