Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if they are illegal in CA? I have been keeping an eye out for them in fish shops that I visit frequently in the LA area, or even in the SF area. I have yet to see any available for sale.

~Dj

·
im offended and this is tastless,take it down &#33
4,277 Posts
I HIGHLY DOUBT IT ITS JUST A CIHLID i havent seem them either wouldnt mind putting them in with my rbp just as something different

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Exo's aren't cichlids, they're characins (related to tetra's and piranha's.....)
I'd figure their illegal as well, because when introduced in the wild, they're a hazard to native fish just like piranha's.
I'm just following my own logic here, though: not sure if they are indeed illegal.

·
Texas Justice
2,257 Posts
i doubt they are illegal, as everyone knows p's are illegal mostly based on their reputation, not scientific fact. i live in extreme southern texas and p's could only live here during the summer, during the winter the water reaches temps that would be fatal to p's. the only place in the u.s. that p's could live is in southern fla., this observation is based on the fact the peacock bass are thriving in dade county fla. . the peacock had been introduced in several areas of fla and only the population in the miami area has been able to survive and reproduce. therefore my conclusion that water temps would also accomodate p's. back to the question many people have no idea what exodons are, they do not grow to excessive size (less than 6 inches), and they have not been "raped" in the media like p's have. also they are legal in fla and texas, sorry for being long winded but i hope this helps.

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thePACK - Which ones? I dont think that when I lived up there I looked for them much though. Mostly while Ive been down here in LA I havent been able to find them.

~Dj

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
hung ming aquarium(geneva and mission) ..they always have them in..yeaterday went to buy some feeders and they had aleast 50 of them...5.99 for small and 6.99 for bigger ones...i have bought some from there but my p's made quick dinnner of them...

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cool thanks, I will keep that place in mind next time I come up.

~Dj

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
DJ.. where are you at in LA??? Im planning to go LA this 3 day weekend and can swoop ya up some Exo's. Lem'me know or PM me man!!!

·
18,487 Posts
WHOO HOO!!! Something to add to my Pygo tank before the Caribas come in.. if they ever do come in

Thanks for the heads up Raf. Do you klnow how long they've had 'em?? Dont really wanna get 'em if they're new arrivals. I knows that LFS doesnt quarentine their fish!!!

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
RhomZilla said:
I knows that LFS doesnt quarentine their fish!!!
Even though their conditions are pretty jacked fish wise, I have yet to be disappointed by anything I have bought there.

~Dj

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
they have had the exos for two weeks now..there in good shape...if only they could co-exist in my tank i would buy some more...

·
18,487 Posts
Cool.. 2 weeks should be good enough. OK ill be going there after work to buy some. Hope they have huge ones. I say give it a week before my Rbs can get to them. Their aggressions havent been the same since Ive reduced the shoal.

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
RhomZilla said:
Cool.. 2 weeks should be good enough. OK ill be going there after work to buy some. Hope they have huge ones. I say give it a week before my Rbs can get to them. Their aggressions havent been the same since Ive reduced the shoal.
sorry about you having to get rid of the other rbps thinking that are CARIBAS were coming in sooner...
just terrible

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.