Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boy is becoming the monster that he is supposed to be. I came home after working out around 8:30 pm. Went to my bedroom where the rhom lurks. Turned on very dim lights and set the bucket down where his snack awaits. I grabbed dinner. An hour later I came back to the room. The rhom charge me twice near his favorite part of the tank. I was shocked and suprisingly pleased. I was like, WTF. It's about time bitch. This was the first time the rhom has ever showed direct aggression toward me. I rewarded him by throwing a 6" Mbuna African cichlid in his tank. Just about as soon as it hit the water, CRUNCH! Crunched down on the fish and swallowed him whole. Damn it was a loud crunch! Actually, he spit the head back out, then he swallowed it. What a show off!

The rhom has made me so proud.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Wes, I guess I was lucky enough to find the right one and fortunate enough to have most of the necessary ingredients to make the rhom feel somewhat comfortable. I do huge weekly water changes and I feed him minimum every other day. I feed heavy too, that's the way he likes it...Now that he does have something in his stomach he's calmed down. I was just shocked and excited about his sudden display of aggression that I've never seen before toward me :D If he keeps making me proud, I will eventually move him to a bigger tank.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Xenon, thanks for asking buddy!

the rhom is doing well. very attentive and still eating like a pig. he still hates tank lights though. He also hates it when I do water changes. He cowers in the corner like a little bunny rabbit. hopefully one day he'll realize I mean him no harm. Once I get a nice mega pixel digicam I will post some pics. But for now, you guys will have to settle for vids.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
"hopefully one day he'll realize I mean him no harm." Sounds like something out of a space alien movie
I come in peace

·
"Nitro"
5,386 Posts
take me to your leader.

sorry couldn't resist

1 - 9 of 9 Posts