Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've used this many times and so far no one has bitten a hole in it yet. I bought it at the dollar general store for "one dollar". It's soft flexible plastic, the only bad thing is there's no good place to hold it. So I put an elect. wire tie down on it to hold while catching the piranhas. It moves through the water pretty quick.

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
Thats a pretty good idea, especially for larger P's. I will have to keep that in mind.

~Dj

·
Death is fair to everyone.
5,310 Posts
If you turn it upside down. You can use it as a isolation ward for injured or mean p's

·
Bean Power!
8,911 Posts
Isn't that actually a waste paper basket? Good idea Matt.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
That does look like a really good idea. Cheap, sturdy, and effective. The only downside might be its rigidness really messing with the fishs slime coat or knocking scales off if it decides to go nutty.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
How large is the opening at the top...in the pic it looks rather large and may be difficult to pull back out of the tank if its too big.

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Great idea, cheap basket!

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
that looks like a great idea, but i personally dont have to worry about trying to scoop out any piranha that would be big enough for that thing.

hopefully in time though...so i will keep that in mind

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
BDKing57 said:
That does look like a really good idea. Cheap, sturdy, and effective. The only downside might be its rigidness really messing with the fishs slime coat or knocking scales off if it decides to go nutty.
that's what i was thinking to, but i am sick of them eating nets. I have only gone through 2, but i am poor so it pisses me off. great idea

Joe

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Its aiight.. dont think I can catch feeders with it, maybe it may even choke my fish, and dont think i'll have room for it. Now your saying to yourself.. "What a Hater!!!"

Actually we've had this concern about best nets to use for your Ps and this kind of net was mentioned. The referred net was bought from a fishing store made with nylon material which would be good to reduce a min off their stress coating.

Good find, man!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts