Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i guess creation...but i dont think god created humans i think he created the apes that evolved to humans...he knew that they would evolve into a greater species... Actually i dont know where i stand, i am a regular church goeer and belive in god but it is so hard to belive..

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
I believe in a domino effect. Nothing here was created but merely invisioned as a result of the rules which govern the universe. I dont believe that any god today or any day makes anything happen although the universe was created by a single dream so powerful that it could contain the details of the earth. This theory fits evolution, but makes religious compromise. We cannot deny science.

·
Registered
209 Posts
a little of both? All I know is during my time in college, 2 of the fundamental rules of evolution were as follows (not in any specific order):

1. Evolution must be so because life can NOT spontaneously exist.

2. Evolution began when life DID spontaneously come into existence (in short form)

There are a lot of holes (BIG ones) in this hypothesis,er....theory
I could not see any other thought, or research in this world being called a true theory with so many glaring inconsistencies. But, parts of it do make sense, and a few small details have been proven......on a VERY small scale. Mopre like adaptation then full blown evolution, though.

PS: in undergrad I had degrees in biology, chemistry, psychology and religion. Hell of a conflicting combo, eh?
Still, definitely more of a hard science guy, though. And, I still can't fully buy the hypothesis of evolution.

·
.pocketful of sunshine.
16,830 Posts
I believe in Creation for a lot of reasons one being because I know I didnt come from no ape.

·
Registered
389 Posts
i belive there was a man named punchus pilot

i belive he killed jesus christ

i dont belive he was then resurected

if this holds true then there was a man named "god" but he is not the supreme being

i belive we evolved simply becasue there cannot be a all might being called "god"

GOD is a figment of our imagineation when we are having hard times and wish there was something more to look forward to like heaven

·
Registered
14,961 Posts
garybusey Posted on Aug 8 2003, 08:18 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Evolution for sure. I believe in God but not that adam and eve stuff. No way.
So excluding the names, you believe you became a being via Asexualism? You'd better talk to your biological parents.

My question to the biblical view is; did Adam and/or Eve have a belly button?

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Well put, I should add though that although it is obvious that life on earth has evolved over over billions of years, try explaining the big bang and the creation of the universe... that is where my search for an answer begins. I believe the bible was only used as a way of scaring primitive society in to obedience with the law. Sure its all based on actuall occurances and plenty of them can be proven, just like that great historical fiction book johnny trumain... You know why we dont have locust plagues, and parting oceans anymore? becuase that was all exagerated hopla

·
Registered
14,961 Posts
BDKing57 Posted on Aug 8 2003, 09:39 PM ....I believe the bible was only used as a way of scaring primitive society in to obedience with the law.
There is merit and precedent for what you are stating via Exodus if I remember the Ten Commandments the movie.

Sure its all based on actuall occurances and plenty of them can be proven, just like that great historical fiction book johnny trumain... You know why we dont have locust plagues, and parting oceans anymore? becuase that was all exagerated
Actually you err. Science (archaeology) is indeed finding such occurances. The translation of the bible is being reviewed and some noted errors found. So don't be to quick to dismiss it all.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
I wouldnt dismiss it all, alot of stuff in the bible probably did happen... but it comes down to how it was presented.. which most realistically was a tool for keeping the people well behaved. It was the perfect political tool, which was exploited much further by the catholic church in the years to come.

·
im offended and this is tastless,take it down &#33
4,277 Posts
Ms_Nattereri said:
I believe in Creation for a lot of reasons one being because I know I didnt come from no ape.
no u dont know u dont want to think u did but u very well may have evoloution at least can be proved what u got? a bible written by man where the stuff in there cant even be proved surrre noahs ark happnened? i doubt it surrrre moses parted the red sea but i can show u how people evolved

toffee-1
karen-0

your serve..

·
reasonably awesome
7,613 Posts
thoroughbred said:
Ms_Nattereri said:
no u dont know u dont want to think u did but u very well may have evoloution at least can be proved what u got? a bible written by man where the stuff in there cant even be proved surrre noahs ark happnened? i doubt it surrrre moses parted the red sea but i can show u how people evolved

toffee-1
karen-0

your serve..
don't even bother trying to argue, its a waste of time for people who's minds are that[i/] closed, bro

1 - 20 of 90 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.