Votes: 0 0.0%
  • eheim classic 2217 + emp 400

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting a 75 gallon RBP tank, I already bought some sand etc. but now I'm ordering my filters. I'm looking for some sound, I want the waterfall affect, but not mechanical sound.So which setup should I purchase? Prices are basically the same, so it's a non-factor.

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
why not get the tank drilled and go with a nice sized sump that you can customize to fit your needs. that will give you the waterfall sound and also allow you more water volume and media. you can also put your heaters, etc. in the sump. just an idea.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
A drilled tank with a wet dry is really the way to go. You can put your heater in there and then all you have to do is put an oversized return pump in there and you don't even need a powerhead. one hole out, one pipe in.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is my first tank ever, believe me I'm not drilling anything! Ive done a lot of reading on the forums and narrowed it down to these 4 choices, but I cant decide which to get. So Piranha fury will decide for me.

·
WWTCD?
9,785 Posts
Rena XP series are crap, imo. I hate them and will never use them. I find them to be the most inferior of the three major cannister filters on the market. The top will always be Eheim. A solid middle of the rode is Fluval. And at the bottom you find Rena's XP series. That's just my personal opinion though. I had an XP3 and sold it.

I also am not a fan of the Emperor series. Again, not my cup of tea. Aquaclears own them any day of the week, imo. And this is of course once more personal opinion.

The best combo you have listed there for performance and quality, not to mention longevity, will be the Eheim/AC combo.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Rena XP series are crap, imo. I hate them and will never use them. I find them to be the most inferior of the three major cannister filters on the market. The top will always be Eheim. A solid middle of the rode is Fluval. And at the bottom you find Rena's XP series. That's just my personal opinion though. I had an XP3 and sold it.

I also am not a fan of the Emperor series. Again, not my cup of tea. Aquaclears own them any day of the week, imo. And this is of course once more personal opinion.

The best combo you have listed there for performance and quality, not to mention longevity, will be the Eheim/AC combo.
Dang what happened?! 12/16 prefer the rena over the eheim! Bad luck? Unless more have that opinion I may be praying to have a different experience.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
if you mean the fluval fx5, i actually posted about getting that but everyone told me it would be way too much current/power for my tank! Although that filter makes me salivate like Pavlov's whore!

·
I will bite your face!
7,436 Posts

aggree to disaggre

I say Eheim and the Emp 400

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
75 gallon, I also put this same poll on a different forum and the results are the complete opposite, everybody there prefers the eheim over the Rena! Nothing can ever be easy can it

·
Offical P-Fury Ex-communicant
6,712 Posts

Dang what happened?! 12/16 prefer the rena over the eheim! Bad luck? Unless more have that opinion I may be praying to have a different experience.
[/quote]

People tend to vote with what they own/know. The renas are so popular now because you can buy a xp3 for @ 100$, while a 405 is running 169. For the price of the rena you can get yourself a eheim and call it a day. I run eheims in almost all of my smaller tanks and they work absolutely amazing...quiet, efficient, quality. I own all 5 brands in question. Fluval, eheim, ac, rena and emp.

·
I will bite your face!
7,436 Posts
I retract my previous statement of the Eheim.
In light of a thread I have read about their customer service lacking to such an extreme degree I don't feel that I can personally say that I would never spend a penny on an eheim filter. Simply put, they do not stand behind the products that they overcharge for.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts