• yes, and still dont use it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no, never used tobacco

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

· Registered
5,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering who on here has quit using tobacco before, and how long you have went without it. I am quitting as we speak. Im on my sixth day, cold turkey. I used to smoke a pack a day. So far it hasnt been that hard, but I have been avoiding everyone I know that smokes. What is your experience?

G

·
I was a relatively heavy smoker for about 10 years. I started when I was about 14 and began quitting when I was about 24.

Nicoteine withdrawal is agonizing. It feels like a cross between starving and having a searing toothache. I used to drink beer to calm my nic-fits.

I haven't smoked at all in several years. I really do miss it, though.

One of the things I miss most is the little "smoking clubs" that form where ever I work where the people who smoke would meet up outside at the same time and have a smoke together.

My only consolation is that these days, far fewer people smoke and there are relatively few young people in any corporation's "smoking club".

· Truffle shuffle!!!!!!!
17,210 Posts
mori0174 said:
I was just wondering who on here has quit using tobacco before, and how long you have went without it. I am quitting as we speak. Im on my sixth day, cold turkey. I used to smoke a pack a day. So far it hasnt been that hard, but I have been avoiding everyone I know that smokes. What is your experience?
[snapback]866283[/snapback]​
i usually last a week before i need one
it hard cause everyone i hang with and everyone in my house smokes

· Registered
1,241 Posts
Mark Twain said, "Quitting smoking is easy. I've done it a thousand times." Except I did quit smoking but I dip like its my job now. It seems I tell myself every night before I go to bed that im quitting the next day, then no longer than 5 min past the alarm going off im in the shower dippin away.

· DOC#003162
13,889 Posts
the only way i was able to quit smokeing, i was hit with adult asthma and had to dam near

die a few times but i havent smoked in two years but i still only have 43 % lung capacity

right now, i have caved in and hit the whacky tobaccy a couple times when hammerd

though

· tap or snap
10,596 Posts
ive been smoking since i was 12 and quit once when i was 19 for almost a year. because of stress, depression, insomnia, and being around smokers i started back up. i'm smoking on average 1 pack every 2-3 days.

i'll be quitting in may as part of an agreement with my gf.

· Registered
18,153 Posts
I quit smoking cold turkey a year ago, after having smoked tobacco (not cigs) for about 10 years - went well until late summer, when I started smoking socially again - I'm still in that stage, but it feels like I'm slowly going downhill again...

I found that quitting cold turkey was terrible the first days, but after a week, the yearning slowly started to diminish. I did the same things as I did when still smoking - there's no point in running away for situations or people you'll encounter later anyways. In fact, it's a good self test, and besides that, if you have been a smoker, those situations will almost always be challenging (there's an increased risk of starting to smoke again for the rest of your life).
So I just confronted what I'd have to confront sooner or later, and found it was was horrible in the beginning (especially during the weekends), but I think it helped me a lot quitting cold turkey back then...

· Registered
2,647 Posts
I've quit a few times now, my longest stretch has been 6 months, might not sound long to you non smokers but trust me its an eternity!!! I was planning on quitting for my new years resolution but then i thought who am i kidding it's 11:59 and im enjoying this freshly lit ciggarette. They say you quit only if YOU! really want too i personally think it would be alot easier for some people if while they were quitting they weren't surrounded by 5 -10 good friends who still smoke...

· Registered
2,462 Posts
I quit after 4 yrs of smoking about a pack a day...

i figured out why am i smoking CANCER sticks if it dont do anything for me.... "why smoke something if it dont even get u HIGH"

now i just smoke Bud.... with my TABACCO water PIPE :laugh:

· Registered
2,647 Posts
www.stupid.ca proves alot of good points about why smoking is so utterly pointless and stupid, but damn if i could quit with the snap of a finger i would!!!

· This f*cking Guy!
8,936 Posts
Filo said:
i been thinking of starting to smoke...
[snapback]866702[/snapback]​
Do it!

I neer thought about quitting...I started when I was in 6th grade...stopped when I was like 11 started again when i was like 12-13 stopped at 19 started again at 20, and here I am today...smoking away.

7,899 Posts
I have quit before, and plan to do so MANY more times

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.