Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i noticed that my ps dont liek bright lights, unless i leave it on for a few days, then they start coming out and acting normal. once i turn it out then they act crazy. so i took thins in mind and i mixed the ideas. i flips my flouresent light upside down to face the ceiling. my p's love it. they sleep like this, eat liek this, mark territory like this, act happy and the most normal ive eveer seen them like this. i think i found the best way to light my room and my P tank. i wa wondering if anyone has tried this also, and if not im asking you to, and post your responses. ill bump this throught out the week.

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
when I got my 75G I decided to not put a tank light on it. I have the glass lids on the tank and I have a flourecent lamp across from the tank that shoots light towards the ceiling. That lights my room and the tank well enough and the Ps love it. It is very similar to how you have yours lighted.

Joe

·
Registered
792 Posts
you probably dont get too much light going into the tank, do you? Here are a few things you can do to dim the lights:

1. Wrap lights with electrical tape like a candy cane.

2. Get floating plants (my personal favorite, your ps will love it and it looks very natural)

3. Get colored light bulbs

4. Wrap light fixture in tin foil and pokes holes in it to let light through.

5. Get lower wattage bulbs.

6. Wrap colored plastic wrap around light fixture. Do not wrap the bulb or plastic will melt!!

Anyone else?

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
maybe i should try that, cop a red bulb and put it in the swinging arm lamp i got near my tank

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
I just prefer never to turn on the tank lights. Usually room light will provide more then enough light to see your fish. Plus they seem to like it better that way.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I turn my lights on when i wake up to go to work and then turn them off a couple ours after i get off. My P's act happier when the lights are on then when they are off. when i have them off they just sit around on the bottom all lethargic. but when i have the lights on they swim around fight a little and come to the top so i can hand feed them. i've been reading alot of these threads for awhile now and it seems that most people's P's are skittish. mine don't act like that at all, maybe their retarded

1 - 9 of 9 Posts