Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking to someone at the LFS and said they get trade-in fish every once in a while. I guess those Pacus, arowanas and oscars get too big for peoples tanks.

I wondered what do LFS give for trade ins? Is it like college bookstores where you buy a book for $85.00 and at the end of the semester when you sell it back they give you $20 bucks for it? Then they turn around and sell it for $65.00 (used) LOL, its true at my college, HA.

But seriously, has anybody done this before or know about it.

·
Captain Britannia
4,817 Posts
i just traded 2 8'' reds got £12 each and some food for my p's .i actually bought 2 reds @ 3'' a few months ago and was charged £15 each so basically you get not much .
the obvious thing is they have to house them feed them and could have them a while and still make a profit ,fish such as p's can take up a full tank even for one fish
you can see their point
dixon

·
im offended and this is tastless,take it down &#33
4,277 Posts
MPower said:
I know my 12in rhom will go for $15-$70 pending on condition. Its a rip off. I'm better off keepin it.
ur telling me a 12" rhom will only get 20$? are they sick i would tell the lfs to f*ck off!!!!!

110 GALLON 2RBP 2", 1 RHOM 1"
55 GALLON 7" RHOM

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
thoroughbred said:
MPower said:
I know my 12in rhom will go for $15-$70 pending on condition. Its a rip off. I'm better off keepin it.
ur telling me a 12" rhom will only get 20$? are they sick i would tell the lfs to f*ck off!!!!!

110 GALLON 2RBP 2", 1 RHOM 1"
55 GALLON 7" RHOM
Damn, you'll get triple more selling it off on the buy and sell forum to a member (just like me.. hint hint
). But I would never trade my fish to any LFS.. the ones over here in my area are shiesty ass mofos. Ill be lucky enough it get feeders back as a trade off.

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
RhomZilla said:
the ones over here in my area are shiesty ass mofos. Ill be lucky enough it get feeders back as a trade off.
agree..last week i traded my big ass pleco(12-13inches) for 5 dollars worth of feeders..next day he was on sale for $30...hahaha.. f. u hung ming....

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I saw this HUGE pacu (12-14") at lfs and it was for sale for $16. I wonder if someone traded it in or just gave it to them, lol.

I bought my 12"+ silver arowana for $125.00 and they told me it was a trade in. They must have gave the guy 25 bucks and the rest was profit, lol.

Its ashame, but oh well.

·
Piranha Expert
4,309 Posts
fish are worth what your willing to pay for them. and lfs's arent willing to pay sh*t!. i too would rather give away my rhom or reds away to a member close to me on p-fury then to a lfs. im not to impressed how they treat there fish at some pet/fish stores here.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Yes I have, but I only deal with one place and have known the owner for ten years.
He give me top dollar for my fish, I would never trade in my fish to anyother fish store.
But I did trade my 22" redline snakehead for a 14" yell pacus. so I thought it was a good trade..

MAD

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.