Piranhas Forum banner

ever been bit?

3K views 29 replies 13 participants last post by  AZ 
#1 ·
just wondering if any one on here has been bitten by any of there fish?

#5 ·
Oscars do have teeth, but they are very fine. I have been bitten by one and it left a nice bruise, though not really painful. The oscar was about a foot long.
Forgot to add, I got bit by Frank's shark :eek:oh2: He had this display of a sharks jaw and I made the mistake of accidently brushing up against it with my finger and it cut me. Not a bad cut, but stunned me and the look on Frank's face! sue-sue-sue

#10 ·
I was cleaning my 200g with a siphon and I had my head looking somewhere else. Well actually I was talking to my mom. Then this goldfish bit (sucked) on my finger and I freaked out. I was like WTF was that. I pulled my hand out of the tank with my other hand wrapped around my finger. I was so freaked out I didn't want to look. But slowly I looked at realized it was just one of the feeders. I now pay more attention when cleaning.

#11 ·
Show_Me_The_Teeth said:
I was cleaning my 200g with a siphon and I had my head looking somewhere else. Well actually I was talking to my mom. Then this goldfish bit (sucked) on my finger and I freaked out. I was like WTF was that. I pulled my hand out of the tank with my other hand wrapped around my finger. I was so freaked out I didn't want to look. But slowly I looked at realized it was just one of the feeders. I now pay more attention when cleaning.
That is hysterical :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

#12 ·
I ahve been bitten by a 8" arrowana, my oscars, my old jaguar cichlid, And one time by my old 5inch red belly piranha i was fixing the air stone and i dropped it in the tank and my first reaction was to grab it i grabbed it and my piranha bit the side of my hand

#18 ·
That is true. Also, I have seen on another board where some people stated that p's under 4 inches cannot hurt you or bite through bone. Let me tell you this, at opefe, Frank showed me the bite on his finger where a piranha nearly removed a hefty chunk of flesh. This natt was only 2" long. So dont' buy into the bullshit that small p's can't hurt you.

#19 ·
luckily I have never been bit by any of my piranha :rasp:
if I let my guard down, u never know. Just ask Clay.

miscellaneous fish that I have been bitten by and actually drew blood was a large female oscar (mine 15") with eggs, 2' snowflake eel, and 4" Tomato Clownfish.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.