Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:laugh:

in theory when you know an engine burns a quart of oil a week.

and you havent checked and topped it off in almost a month

and when the oil level drops beond the one quart low mark it consumes the oil faster.

you check while your lazy ass mother is talkin on teh phone again.

add your last 2 quarts of oil.

go borrow 1 quart of oil from uncle's shed.

add, still no oil on dipstick

add stp oil additive

about 2 millimeters of oil showing on dipstick

go get 2 quarts from the gasstation, riding bike, not van.
one to replace the one you borrow, the other for the van.

you add the quart and finally have enough oil in it

the van is run 17 hours a week.
averages 64 miles a week
after the one quart low mark, it consumes about a half quart more a week

how much oil does it burn in one month??

i turned it into a math problem :laugh:

pfuryers do the math

and tell me how hard it is to fix it and how much parts are.
valve guides bad, valves tick, cylinder bore probably needs honeing, needs rings too.

how much will parts cost and what is the difficulty level of repair on a scale of one to ten
one being the easiest ten being the hardest

do the math problem too, how many quarts of oil will it burn in a year??

and btw it runs like sh*t, rough, idles low, and knock sensor is bad(timing always retarded) thus causing idle speed to drop
or maybe the loudly ticking valves make the knock sensor thik that its knocking? i never said i was good with all this electronic sh*t in cars

· Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my uncle's shed at his house
across the street
and did you notice that in the pic that theres more than one shed on my property? lol
lets see, mine, stoarge shed, trash shed, equipment shed

my uncles shed isnt in my yard, i dont live with him
i built mine

· Registered
543 Posts
hellraiser7821 said:
:laugh:

in theory when you know an engine burns a quart of oil a week.

and you havent checked and topped it off in almost a month

and when the oil level drops beond the one quart low mark it consumes the oil faster.

you check while your lazy ass mother is talkin on teh phone again.

add your last 2 quarts of oil.

go borrow 1 quart of oil from uncle's shed.

add, still no oil on dipstick
add stp oil additive
about 2 millimeters of oil showing on dipstick

go get 2 quarts from the gasstation, riding bike, not van.
one to replace the one you borrow, the other for the van.

you add the quart and finally have enough oil in it

the van is run 17 hours a week.
averages 64 miles a week
after the one quart low mark, it consumes about a half quart more a week

how much oil does it burn in one month??

i turned it into a math problem :laugh:

pfuryers do the math

and tell me how hard it is to fix it and how much parts are.
valve guides bad, valves tick, cylinder bore probably needs honeing, needs rings too.
how much will parts cost and what is the difficulty level of repair on a scale of one to ten
one being the easiest ten being the hardest

do the math problem too, how many quarts of oil will it burn in a year??

and btw it runs like sh*t, rough, idles low, and knock sensor is bad(timing always retarded) thus causing idle speed to drop
or maybe the loudly ticking valves make the knock sensor thik that its knocking? i never said i was good with all this electronic sh*t in cars

[snapback]866490[/snapback]​
Knock sensor wouldnt detect valve ticking no matter how loud. Im thinking that you may need new rings to solve your oil problem. How old is the van, might just be easier to swap in a used engine.

· Registered
975 Posts
Probably be easier to swap in a good engine, depending on how old it is.

If its drinking oil like that, I'm gonna guess its a chrysler 3.0, as my old daytona with the same motor had some of the same problems.

· Registered
648 Posts
its not as simple as a valve job. its from where his father well gave it his tune up. 20w-30 oil which is for semi's and two bottle's of stp oil treatment, which only one should be used and not with that thick of oil, so basically the oil was like molasses. ok the ass put power steering fluid in the trans and now that's fucked up. it's getting little to no compression and the valve guides seem to be worn to the fact they are letting the oil pass and its getting burned up. simply put it would be easier to buy a good used engine. said it was tapping as well which leads me to think as well the cams are worn down.

· Registered
648 Posts
problem was it won't he said. his dumn ass father put in the lowest weight oil 5w-30 and well let it be then later it started the problems then he put in 20w-30 oil and 2 stp oil treatment bottles so basically the oil pump would take a long time in the cold to even get the oil to important places. but yeah a wrecked van same type you could easily pick up a full engine with trans ready to drop in after drained of all fluids and refilled for cheap. had this guy had a t-bird. engine blew, he picked up another one that was from a rear ended one and well it had under 20,000 miles on it for less then $400

· Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
and btw, wtf is up with the thread setup?? i hate having to click on something to read it i want to scroll and see the next reply, not scroll, click, the veiw, then click to veiw again

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.