Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an empty 29 gallon tank. It's fully cycled and has been since forever. It used to house some other fish, but I moved them to a 15 gallon because it was rediculous to use a 29 gallon for five small fish.

Long story short... I'm looking for a cool fish, solitary preferred, that I can put in there. Something pretty. Something that can live in the tank forever. And not something that will hide in the corner or behind the plants.

I've attached a shot of the tank. It's only sparsely planted right now. But I have a ton of plants in two other tanks that could be added for more cover if needed.

I'm open to any suggestions. Something aggressive would be preferred... Just nothing TOO expensive. I don't really want to spend more than $50-$75.

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
put a pair of convicts in there . your tank looks good setup like that

·
Registered
494 Posts
he wants to house them for life world below, so that wouldnt really work out... but im goin with death in #s on this one cichlids would be cool. im not so familiar with them either but there very cool looking fish with tons of personality (atleast the ones ive seen)

·
WWTCD?
9,785 Posts
They're supposed to be a pair. The guy at the LPS told me that they had already spawned for him. But sometimes people just say stuff like that for the hell of it to move the fish... However, at the same time, I got the pair for $3 Canadian and a bunch of guppies on the house... It's a place I used to go to before I left for Germany five months ago. So I think they were just happy to see me again.

I eventually plan on setting up a bigger cichlid tank... one day... so hopefully my cons will last until then. This is my first attempt at cichlids.

·
Registered
103 Posts
thats good but you know when they breed those plants are gonna be in the corner all messed up

the bonus is that once they are breeding there is nothing that can top their aggressiveness i have seen 2" females carging the glass!!

but make sure the female gets lots of food when she has eggs, IME they only eat food that comes close so they can protect their babies.

but they need to keep eating alot so they will have plenty of eggs ehn he male wants to breed again, otherwise the female will be killed

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.