Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how often should i spray out and clean the filter inserts on this emperor filter. i do a water change and spray out the filter every so often.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also i hear it is good for the water to sit a few inches under the the filter where the water flows out what is the reasons for that i am not sure all i know is it makes alot of splashing noise when i keep it like that

·
Registered
140 Posts
I would keep the water level lower than the canister filter, but I have my aquariums in my bedroom! It's really annoying! If I were to do that, I'd want to get up and pee every half hour. I would just hook up an air pump for when you are not around the tank, like when you go to work, and turn it off when you notice that the noise is bothering you! no point filling and emptying water everyday before and after work! Air pumps are cheap, and air stones are even cheaper. Get them pratically anywhere. I think I just may go pick up another in awhile because this one I've had fo r 2 years.. it's dying on me.

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
A few inches seems severe. I actually just bought an airstone and turn it on during the day and off when the noise is annoying me. You can do this or get a powerhead or something, anything is better than the constant waterfall sound.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I clean the filter pads on my Emperor 400 every time I change I do a water change. Once a month I replace the pads.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
CHANGE IT EVERY WATER CHANGE THAT WHAT I BEEN TOLD TO DO

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
you could change it once a month....that's how long the carbon in the pad usually lasts, clean it every water change and change the entire pad every 6 weeks.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The Emp is cool because the bio-wheels make the air/water contact so no need for a noisy "waterfall" effect. I keep mine up to about 1/4 inch from the top so it is more like a "river" effect, very quiet and makes for more current and turnover.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts