Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thats kinda wack there letting him go. They just let him start this last year so he can break the record. Spending 13 years of your life there and they just let you go. I guess business is business.

It will be weird seeing emmit in a different uniform this coming year. Who knows he might still have a few good years left in him.

·
Sex Kitten Lover
358 Posts
I am an Eagles fan, so its hard to say anything good about the Cowboys, but I think he should of been cut last year, the Cowboy's organization only kept him around in my mind to break Payton's record, and for a limited leadership role, but this year, there is no way in hell he should be the starting RB for the Cowboys, Hambrick(sp) isn't great, but at least he has younger legs, I think Parcells will bring in another RB to fill that void though. I look for the Cowgirls to maybe make the playoffs this year, with a 1st round loss in store.

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
he should retire.it sucks watching great player on a downroll spiral.his great days are over..hell i saw it coming he was due 7 plus million this year..

·
...just back for a bit to catch up...
6,193 Posts
...i think its time for emmit to retire anyways, sad but true
....but parcells already has a good team to start off with...he just needs to improve the defense and part of the o-line...already got a good enough qb and a decent young rb....his wr are pretty well matched for any defense...just gotta get a better defense

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
You cant pay an old man that type of money. He is still a good running back but nothing like some of the younger guys out there. The fact that he broke the record this year is irrelavant.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
I have to agree on you guys on this one. But being a Niners fan, I've hated the Cowboys (but loved the sweet rivalry between these 2 teams). Anyways sh*t can go both ways for a player wether he retires or persues a career with another team. Example: Jerry Rice and Michael Jordan.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Emmit aint anywhere near his oldself but if he goes somewhere with a good line I can see a 1200 yrd season with 6 tds, He still has alot of talent, I hate the cowboys to I am also an eagles fan.

·
6,193 Posts
.....NEW YORK JETS!!!!!!!!
.....martin, chrebet, pennington, moss, coles, abraham, lewis, and the rest of the team

·
"The Dancing Banana Man"
7,760 Posts

Sorry, im not much for sports at all, so i got nothing to say other then dose it matter that much? and isnt it all a money thing? i dono sorry guys.

·
6,193 Posts
bobme said:

Sorry, im not much for sports at all, so i got nothing to say other then dose it matter that much? and isnt it all a money thing? i dono sorry guys.
...so what was the point of this post?

·
"The Dancing Banana Man"
7,760 Posts
USMC*sPiKeY* said:
bobme said:

...so what was the point of this post?
nothing, just saying i dont care much becuase i dont watch sports.

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
RhomZilla said:
I have to agree on you guys on this one. But being a Niners fan, I've hated the Cowboys (but loved the sweet rivalry between these 2 teams).
niners

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
bobme said:

trying to get you post up then...huh..

·
Registered
39 Posts
All I care about this off season is that my Bears get a decent QB... Hopefully Leftwich and maybe Plummer or Kordell. Kordell is kind of sketchy though.
Dave

·
6,193 Posts
JEARBEAR said:
USMC*sPiKeY* said:
barbourshop said:
Kordell is kind of sketchy though.
Dave
..kordell can play if he can stop BS-ing...he's like a mix between vick and mcnabb, just with less talent
Kordell sucks I hate hearing about that guy. Mcnabb is the man
...no he doesn't...he CAN be a great QB like the greatness of McNabb...he just needs to find a coach that can exploit his potential to the fullness

·
Registered
492 Posts
USMC*sPiKeY* said:
...no he doesn't...he CAN be a great QB like the greatness of McNabb...he just needs to find a coach that can exploit his potential to the fullness
Kordell has not done sh*t, when he starts he is average nothing more. The guy throws 14 TDS in a year everyone expects him to be a probowler, screw that he is over 30 now he lived out his potenal and he did nothing.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.