Piranhas Forum banner

EMERGENCY!!!!!!!!!

2K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  MPower 
#1 ·
My 2 - 1.5'' rbps have been injured by my 3 - 3'' rbps, i moved them out of the same tank and put the 2 into a 20g and started a salt treatment is there anything i could do? im really really worried that my 2 rbps wont make it, they got some pretty decent sized bites in there stomach area... when i was taking them out with the net they were full of energy. and now they are in the 20 gallon relaxed and calm... is there anything else i could do?

#4 ·
Mine have had some pretty nasty bites and now you could not even tell they were hurt at all. P's have amazing healing power, if you can not see any internal organs I think they will be fine. My only suggestion is to separate the 2 hurt ones so they dont attack each other.

#5 ·
I told yah not too add those new guys in that tank yet ....
... O' well lets make the best the worse situation...
...you have the salt added ... good... now add some Melafix (or other remidy if you prefer) to the tank as well. you can pick this up at your local lfs or any fish suplier. this stuff works great for rapidly repairing fins and cuts and open sores...
good luck

#9 ·
Natural.Playboy said:
Well i dont think one of them is going to make it because everytime he eats something the food comes straight out of one of his wounds which im assuming is connected right in his stomach
Im sorry to hear about your fish, but this sounds damn funny!
almost like an episode of Itchy & Scratchy! :laughlong:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.