Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came home to find my 10gl. growout tank w/a slow leak , the only other tank I had was a 20 w/ some frogs and newts in it. that tank was filled w/water halfway,and been running for years...i pulled everyone/everything out , did a quick rinse, and placed everything from the leaky 10 into it. the 20 is now topped off and i'm wondering if i'm gonna have "new tank syndrome" since it is now full. the young fish I have in there now are sensitive to nitrates/ites, and ammonia spikes. does anyone think I'll have any of these within the coming days?

· Registered
57 Posts
A little mabe!

But if you used the old filters gravel, plants and stones it should not be so bad! It would only be like a big WC.

Keep an eye on it, But it should be ok!

Paul

· WWTCD?
8,963 Posts
Old water to 'help cycle' really does basically nothing. What you're looking for here in terms of getting everything in order is using old ornaments, gravel, plants and filter media. That will help cycle a tank a lot more quickly.

Out of curiousity... Where are the newts and frogs now?

· Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just chillin'...
they're in another 10 that has a crack up top... they made the switch no problem. everyones doing ok in the 20 , too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.