Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I have a black mask. They get a foot long max. And are as easy as other ps to care for.
are they slow growers? how long does it take to reach 12 in.? what are you feeding it?
[/quote]
I've had mine for two months, and he's grown about an inch and three quarters. He only has been fed shrimp. I don't know how long it takes an elong to get full grown.

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
They must have there own tank will kill anything else in it with them. I just posted a new pic of my elong in the pics and video forum

·
Registered
416 Posts
12" is max. size for the wild. you dont see many in home aquariums over 8" in fact i have yet to ever see a grown out elong more than 8".very nice fish, skittish around humans but absolutely a fish killer.
i loved mine while i had him.

·
Registered
416 Posts
i recently became interested in them and thinking about getting one. anyone know how big they get and what size tank do i need? are they tough to raise?
post pics please.
as far as pics go instead of waiting go to the pics and vids section and type in elongatus in the search bar.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
12" is max. size for the wild. you dont see many in home aquariums over 8" in fact i have yet to ever see a grown out elong more than 8".very nice fish, skittish around humans but absolutely a fish killer.
i loved mine while i had him.
are they more skittish than a natt??

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Elongs tend to be a more agressive piranha although u could get one that is a p*ssy. Mine is very active and agressive

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
My elong has red eyes i dont know if it comes with age or not

·
Registered
59 Posts
my elong isnt skidish at all. Definately a fish killer although mine has been living with 2 catfish for 2 months. He has bitten them twice but theve since healed up

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
So far I see absolutely no Elong pics...
*way to rant a thread, me!*

**I'll be getting an Elong shortly before or after Christmas. If the $$$ is right.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts