Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
do they generally act the same? I mean I know every p has their own personality, but every species act a certain way for the most part.
I was wondering if they are the same shape, do they develop the blackmask?
I think the lake and river are of different shape....could be wrong.

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
I believe they generally act the same, both being elongated although the pinkie ones seem a little sleeker, both very fast and ambush hunters.

·
Registered
413 Posts
-i pretty sure the pingke one is the river varient and it has red on its throat and has a pointy snout

-the black masked one is the lake varient and thay are relativly darker and have a more rounded snout

if i could chose i would go with the black mask

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
As far as i know both are very aggressive but i prefer the black mask cause it looks better...
...i don't think there are 2 different forms of this fish, i believe is the same fish with different colours, maybe Nathan can answer your question...!

·
Me except the eye color
6,210 Posts
They are both the same i believe. Its like asking whats the difference betweem a Xingu Rhom and Peru Rhom? Same fish just from different localities

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
i just got an elong, think mine is the river one.

the person who sold it to me said it was a black mask, but i didnt care, this thing tried to bite me thru the glass

it does have some black markings behind the gill and some of the face, but look more silverish than black (body)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts