Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of getting a elongatus in the near future. I know there are at least two variants and before I do get one I just wanted to clarify if there was any difference in character between the red throat and the black mask? Is one more active and more aggressive?

Thanx

Kane

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
id say their probally the same in means of aggressiveness. they are efecient killing machines and will do so. i think mine kills for fun, it will attack a fish and not even eat it. it also attacks plants if you got some.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
they are both mean as hell - I like black mask cos they look cooler

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanx

Yes I agree the black mask does look cooler but I would not mind which I really get.

Tiny theeeth have you ever owned a rhomb if so how does it compare to your elongatus, i currently have a xingu gold variant very mean and it also seems to kill for the fun of it.

Wot size tank do you reccomend for a fully grown elongatus, when I get mine I want to see it happy and active not just stressed out in one corner because the tank is to small.

Thanx

kane

·
Me except the eye color
6,210 Posts
Most people say Elongs are nasty but you can never be sure. You may end up getting a dud and that wouldnt be cool. Dont give your hopes up. Aggressivness and everything can vary from fish to fish. Just got to get the right pick

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
o snap its eric said:
Most people say Elongs are nasty but you can never be sure. You may end up getting a dud and that wouldnt be cool. Dont give your hopes up. Aggressivness and everything can vary from fish to fish. Just got to get the right pick
its that eric sais its hard to say that a certain specie is more or less aggressive it depends on so much more than the specie

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
ohh man my spelling sux. i mean it is like eric sais.... you can never tell that a specie are more or less aggressive it depends on so much more than just the specie, but of course it might be more nasty dudes in a special specie but its always a gambling.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
ive had a 6.5" rhom, not sure waht kind, but it was silverish grey with ruby red eyes. it was pretty aggressive as in attacking my hand thru the glass, but wouldnt eat till it was darker. my elong just wants to eat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts