Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hiya all, as some of you know i have sold my 5"elong and now my 6.5-7" has the whole tank but he doesnt seem happy, he hangs around the top.The water quality is fine, tank shot below, could it be the ship,(should i have just plants in the tank)? Its hard to take a pic close up as he attacks me and the pic comes out blurry. The tank he's in is a jewel vision 180litres.
Rampage

Water Organism Pet supply Fish supply Wood Vertebrate Plant Grass Landscape Window

Water Plant Pet supply Aquatic plant Fish supply

Attachments

·
LeT gO mY EgGs GRoLL
8,959 Posts
how long to you have him for??

it maybe just stress and need more time to get use to the envoriment..what is his diet and how often you feed him

try to add a power head, also what filteration you running. Also i see that you dont fill up the water all the way...why?

·
Registered
717 Posts
Thats not a good sign man...my elong was hanging out near the top before he died...has anything else changed in your tank besided taking out the other elong?

·
Registered
132 Posts
I've had him for a few weeks, he was divided at first because i had another elong, the filter lph is 800( i have an extra filter connected which is also 800lph but not pluged in. I am runnng a single air stone(placed in the middle of the tank). He used to eat everyday prawns/small pieces of heart, but now he eats once every 2 days, i just thought it was because he was stressed. Should i fill the tank all the way to the red maximum line, any reason way?(the tanks on the 3rd floor of my house) Thanks

I took him out yesterday and redocorated his tank adding a ship and a few plants, i did rinse the items before putting them in his tank.
rampage

·
LeT gO mY EgGs GRoLL
8,959 Posts
I've had him for a few weeks, he was divided at first because i had another elong, the filter lph is 80, but also i am runnng a single air stone(placed in the middle of the tank). He used to eat everyday prawns/small pieces of heart, but now he eats once every 2 days, i just thought it was because he was stressed.

I took him out yesterday and redocorated his tank adding a ship and a few plants, i did rinse the items before putting them in his tank.
rampage
yup!...he is stress...just be patient and give him some time. keep introduce him to different food and keep feeding every day.

also you need a filteration in your tank....air stone it only oxygen, it does not filter your tank...

now you got bad water parameter, just think about the food and sh*t and all that not be fiterate by filter.

get a filter ASAP., do some vacuum and water change..put some stress coat and aqaurium for him. Also fill up your tank.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've had him for a few weeks, he was divided at first because i had another elong, the filter lph is 80, but also i am runnng a single air stone(placed in the middle of the tank). He used to eat everyday prawns/small pieces of heart, but now he eats once every 2 days, i just thought it was because he was stressed.

rampage
yup!...he is stress...just be patient and give him some time. keep introduce him to different food and keep feeding every day.

also you need a filteration in your tank....air stone it only oxygen, it does not filter your tank...

now you got bad water parameter, just think about the food and sh*t and all that not be fiterate by filter.

get a filter ASAP., do some vacuum and water change..put some stress coat and aqaurium for him. Also fill up your tank.
[/quote]

Sorry my mistake as well as the air stone for oxygen, i have 2 water filters connected aqua 3 (800lph each)
I am using one at the moment so the filteration is 800lph, could easily plug the other one in giving him 1600lph but i thought i'd wait until he settles.. Thanks

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
for the two years i have been keeping fish i have never had a "stressed" fish hang out at the top of the water. I would just give him some time and make sure u keep up on water changes and such. Next time always rinse anything you add to your tank. Keep an eye on your water params. Good luck with him and keep us updated.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
he thinks it will fall thru the 3rd story. HAHA. I remember someone telling some one to invite over a few fatty's and have them jump. If all holds well filler up.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I've had him for a few weeks, he was divided at first because i had another elong, the filter lph is 800( i have an extra filter connected which is also 800lph but not pluged in. I am runnng a single air stone(placed in the middle of the tank). He used to eat everyday prawns/small pieces of heart, but now he eats once every 2 days, i just thought it was because he was stressed. Should i fill the tank all the way to the red maximum line, any reason way?(the tanks on the 3rd floor of my house) Thanks

rampage
Well you took him out of the tank so i'm sure he's stressed. I'm not sure how many gallons 180ltr is, but since you have another filter, plug it in! Like others said...check water parameters...

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all your advice.

I've filled the tank to the top and have pluged in the other filter so the filteration power is 1600lph.
i will keep you posted on how he gets on.
Rampage

1 - 11 of 11 Posts