Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
nice fish.how big of a tank you have him in?been zapped before by them ain't nice.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hes in half my 55gal. hes about 7" and at this size can deliver about 350volts. enough to knock me down if i was ever shocked.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
They dont need as big a tank as you would think... They dont get bigger then 2 feet in the home aquarium very often and they sorta just lay there like a log so there is no point in wasting a huge tank for him when he will eliminate anythig in there... This is one of the few fish that can actually outmatch a Piranha. You can find some intresting articles on the net... about their extra sensory perception.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Hmm... I wonder. What IF you did have this bad boy with a schoal of Ps. Anyone willing to try? I betcha it'd be electrifying!!

Good fish to have also when power goes out, just connect to your generator or if your car dies out in the middle of nowhere.

Nice Fish though, Black P. Not shoore if they have it here in my state. Looks like yam, also.

·
Registered
26 Posts
From what I have read the 350 volts is from full grown adults. Small one's tingle and the bigger they get the bigger the shock, just like electric eels. Cool fish, I have one that is over 8". And he's fat. Likes to swim around when the lights are out.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've never heard of an e cat delivering 650 volts. I have only heard of eels delivering that much. I have read countless articles on e-cats and they all pretty much say the same....1 meter specimens produce 300 to 350 volts. Where have you been getting this info? Electric eels get somewhere around 7 foot max and put out about 700 volts. Voltage increases with size.

I'm not trying to start a fight I would just like to see where you got this info?

Maybe we ought to ask Frank?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts