Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I might get an electric blue oscar. Are they dyed directly with a needle, or are their eggs dyed? Also will this make them pass away quicker? Have you even heard of them? I belive I've seen them, and there pretty neet. I am being very catious tho.

· Registered
169 Posts
please dont buy dyed fish, it is a horrible practice. the fish usually die prematurally and suffer throughout their life. they either inject them directly with a needle, or the dye the water a certain color. the color doesn't even last. its horrible how people treat animals.

· Registered
605 Posts
Dying fish is retarded, an electric blue african cichlid looks awesome and gets pretty big (i don't know the actual name, it was just called an electric blue in my lfs) and isnt dyed. So yeah, represent whats right and good and don't support it.

· "Pygocentrus cariba"
11,249 Posts
Please DO NOT contribute to the business of all the fish dyers out there. It is in-humane, and as all the other mentioned, you Oscar will fade, and be real ugly, because he will still have a hint of blue, and all kinds of colors mixed in. It is just ugly. Besides, wouldn't you want one of nature's beauties?
~Taylor~

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.