Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
I have a 75 gallon tank, 40 watt fluorescent strip, I use LeafZone fertilizer, and no co2 system.

I have the following plants:
10 vals or so, hard to say for sure
Java moss, not too much perhaps 5 small-small clumps,
Two plants that I think are anubias, not really sure, here are pictures of the two. Are they Anubias?

My question is if I were to buy this Light Strip and were to get two 6700k 65 watt bulbs would there be any effect on the ph of my tank or any other effects that could prove to be detrimental? Would I have to get a CO2 system if I were to get these lights? My plants would grow much better wouldn't they?

Thank you for your help!

·
Registered
589 Posts
The lights wont effect your pH and wont have any negative effects on your tank. They're lights after all, they wont mess with your water params.

As far as CO2, I dont think you have to go with a setup, give the lights a try first before you spend money on something like that, which btw could effect your pH. I think adding these would deffinitely help your plants along much more than your current lighting system, Id go for it.

·
Registered
186 Posts
i agree with acidwarp, those lights would be great for you plant growth, and you probably wont need co2 unless you want intense plant growth, and its alot more money to spend.

·
The Man, The Myth, The Legend
1,279 Posts
Just remember with more lighting you have to shut them off at night becuase piranha need to sleep to! but you probably know that :nod:

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
icedizzle said:
Just remember with more lighting you have to shut them off at night becuase piranha need to sleep to! but you probably know that :nod:
[snapback]886779[/snapback]​
Yeah, I have my lights on a timer, 8 hours a day. I had them on for 12 hours a day and had some wicked algae growth, turned it down to 8, and algae disappeared like a fart in the wind!

Thanks for the advice, Im going to order those lights here soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts